1. 6 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2. 6 swordfish steaks (about 6 oz. each and thick), skin removed.
3. Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
4. 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped.
5. 2 anchovies in oil, finely chopped
6. 3 cups whole peeled canned tomatoes in juice, crushed by hand.
7. 3/4 cup of large green olives, pitted and roughly chopped.
8. 1/4 cup of capers, rinsed and drained.
9. crushed red chile flakes.
10. 3 tbsp. roughly chopped parsley.
11. 4 tsp. fresh lemon juice.
Heat oil in a 12″ skillet over high heat. Working in two batches,
season swordfish with salt and pepper, and add to skillet; cook, flipping once,
until brown outside and medium rare inside, about 3 minutes. Transfer fish to a
plate and set aside. Return skillet to medium heat. Add garlic and anchovies;
cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, olives, capers, and chile
flakes; cook until almost all the liquid evaporates, about 10 minutes. Return
swordfish to skillet, and add parsley and lemon juice; cook until fish is cooked
through, about 2 minutes. Divide swordfish among 6 serving plates and top with
To compliment this try a nice dry table white wine available at all
large stores like Publix etc.